Will Aid’s aim is simple. With the support of participating solicitors, we encourage people to have their Will drawn up professionally whilst at the same time supporting charity.
How does Will Aid work?
- Solicitors like you register with Will Aid.
- Will Aid guides local people wishing to make a Will to your practice.
- You waive your usual fee for a basic Will, inviting clients to make a donation to Will Aid instead.
- Suggested minimum donations are £95 for a basic single Will or £150for a pair of basic mirror Wills.
- You can take on as many or as few Will Aid clients as you wish.
- We provide everything you need for a Will Aid campaign.
- All the money raised is then divided between the nine Will Aid charities.
A successful partnership - making a difference together
Will Aid has made a real difference for 26 years – both to the work of the charities we’ve supported and to the people our participating solicitors have helped to make a Will. Since 1988 Will Aid has written over 275,000 Wills and raised over £16m in charitable donations, making us the most successful charity Will-making partnership ever.
1,200 solicitors took part in the November 2014 campaign and will have raised over £1.7 million to change the lives of vulnerable people in the UK and around the world. In addition, when they write their Wills many people take the opportunity to pledge legacies to good causes.
Good for clients, good for you
Solicitors who participate in Will Aid tell us that it promotes a real feel-good factor amongst staff and clients alike. It also introduces them to valuable new clients as well as generating positive PR for the legal profession in general, and their own practice in particular. 85% of the participating solicitors who responded to our survey had gained extra fee earning business thanks to Will Aid.